The New York Giants met with free agent tight end Tom Crabtree on Tuesday and their visits were expected to continue on Wednesday with former South Carolina defensive back Victor Hampton. However, long before Hampton could even board a plane to East Rutherford, he was swept up and officially signed by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Congrats to SportsWest client South Carolina CB Victor Hampton upon signing w/ the Bengals— angelo wright (@agentman4156) June 10, 2014
Jones, who is big receiver at 6'5'', 225 lbs., converted from quarterback at Central Connecticut State and hauled in 29 receptions for 401 yards and four touchdowns in his final year at CCSU. He also posted impressive numbers at the NFL Regional and Super Regional Combines, clocking a 4.67 40-yard dash, a 34-inch vertical jump and 10'4" broad jump.
If signed, Jones would become the Giants' tallest wide receiver, surpassing the 6'4'' Corey Washington, who was claimed off of waivers from the Arizona Cardinals in late May following the team's release of quarterback Josh Freeman.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Will Host Former South Carolina CB Victor Hampton for a Visit Next Week
- New York Giants to Work Out Free Agent TE Tom Crabtree Next Week
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bx9