The New York Giants have won four Lombardi Trophy's since the start of the Super Bowl era, with Bill Parcells accounting for two and Tom Coughlin accounting for the two others. And on Tuesday, that star-power came together in East Rutherford, New Jersey as Parcells stopped in to not only visit his former team, but to address their current players.
It wasn't just a regular pep-talk that Parcells delivered, either. Rather, the legendary Hall of Fame coach channeled his days on the sidelines and laid out an emotional speech about how winning games is easy when everyone is healthy, but true championships are won by tired and hurting players who come together, power through and play for the men around them.
To have two of the greatest head coaches in New York Giants history on the field together at the same time must have been an incredible treat for the players — especially some of the rookies and recent free agent additions. After all, not many teams can compile a duo quite like Big Blue can with Coughlin and The Big Tuna.
"“It was dope, man. It was cool to see him. I’ve met him on the field briefly but never in that kind of setting to hear what he has to say and talk to him…Just his presence alone, what he brings to the table, it was pretty inspirational to see him and have him there. He still brings the fire," Victor Cruz said. "He still has it. It’s pretty cool to see.”
If the team needed any additional motivation and a sense of pride, they certainly found it outside of the Quest Diagnostics Training Center on Tuesday afternoon.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Bill Parcells Recalls How Reggie White was Nearly Drafted by New York Giants in 1984
- New York Giants Hold Pre-Draft Visits with Taylor Lewan, Deone Bucannon
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: More Pre-Draft Visits, More New Mock Drafts
- Former New York Giants WR Louis Murphy Visits Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bxd