A lot will change for the New York Giants in 2014, including an entirely new offense, plenty of free agent additions and several impact rookies. One of those changes comes by way of running back Rashad Jennings, who is poised to take over as the starting running back — his first starting job in his NFL career.
But in addition to Jennings, two of the more talked-about new faces have been wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and fellow running back Andre Williams. And when asked about Beckham Jr. on Monday, Jennings said the youngster has been impressive in practice and, at times, flashed DeSean Jackson-like talent.
Jennings had equally high praise for Williams, noting that the rookie has gone above and beyond to learn the playbook in preparation for training camp. He also mentioned Williams' aggressive and powerful running style, saying that once the pads are on … watch out.
"He's a guy that calls me and tries to understand the playbook. I do a lot of extra stuff [and] he's always tugging along, trying to figure it out. He wants to be good," Jennings said. "He's a physical runner. And, obviously, when we get pads on I think he's going to confirm it. He has a lot of upside."
It's going to be very exciting to watch these rookies, and Jennings, in training camp/preseason.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Sign Odell Beckham Jr., Weston Richburg, Devon Kennard & Bennett Jackson
- New York Giants were Never Seriously Interested in WR DeSean Jackson
- Bill Polian Likes Giants’ Pick of Odell Beckham; Says He’s Major Upgrade Over Hakeem Nicks
- New York Giants’ Rashad Jennings May Be a 2014 Fantasy Draft Bargain
- Should New York Giants Kick the Tires on WR DeSean Jackson?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bvf