From June 16th through the 19th, as the New York Giants will be holding their mandatory veteran mini-camp (17th-19th), four retired members of the team will take part in the NFL's annual Broadcast Boot Camp at NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey.
A year ago, then-wide receiver Ramses Barden and punter Steve Weatherford joined former punter Jeff Feagles and former wide receiver Michael Clayton at the camp, while this year the Giants will send four retirees in quarterback Sage Rosenfels, wide receiver Amani Toomer, linebacker Jay Foreman and cornerback Ralph Brown.
Toomer, who also attended in 2011, will take part in the "Advanced Broadcasting" program, which will feature one-on-one coaching and faculty feedback focusing on improvement in the area of play-by-play analysis, radio broadcasting and field reporting.
“The hands-on instruction and mentoring from industry experts is invaluable for players looking to transition into broadcasting after their NFL playing experience,” says Kimberly Fields, Vice President of NFL Player Engagement. “This Boot Camp provides a solid foundation for entering the industry and numerous players who participated in previous years have been hired for broadcasting jobs.”
As a result of the camp a year ago, former wide receiver Michael Clayton was actually one of four attendees to be selected to serve as a studio analyst for "NFL Regular Season Sunday" on Sky Sports in the U.K.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Four Former Giants to Participate in NFL’s Sports Journalism and Communications Boot Camp
- New York Giants Will Report to Training Camp on July 21st; First Practice on July 22nd
- New York Giants’ Eli Manning Healing Quickly from Ankle Surgery; Expects to Be Ready for Camp
- Jerry Reese Expecting David Wilson to Be Cleared for Training Camp; Couldn’t Pass on Andre Williams
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1buc