It's absolutely no secret that the New York Jets do not like the New York Giants and vica versa. But while the Giants typically focus on their NFC East rivals, the Jets often put Big Blue in their crosshairs — even when the situation doesn't call for it.
Although Pryor was merely asked if head coach Rex Ryan encouraged him to talk trash to get opponents "off their game," the rookie took the question and ran with it, taking aim at both the New England Patriots and Big Blue.
"We don't like Tom at all. When I first came here, that was one of the first things I heard about: We hate the Patriots, and we hate the Giants," Pryor said. "That's what everybody was telling me. We hate those guys, and I look forward to playing them this season."
As with most things coming out of Jets camp, it should be easy for the Giants to brush this off and return focus to winning a Super Bowl. But for fans, it will be an entirely different story; it's something that will stir up emotion and rekindle some hatred.
And it's not as if this sort of behavior is unheard of for the Jets. Rather, they've spent much of their time focused on the Giants since Rex Ryan took over as their head coach. In fact, one of Ryan's first orders of business was not winning games or creating a championship atmosphere, but rather, winning the New York newspaper back pages from the New York Giants.
That never happened and, eventually, Victor Cruz, Brandon Jacobs and the rest of the New York Giants put ole Inferiority Rex and the Jets in their place.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets Each Considered Leaping Giants for Odell Beckham Jr.
- New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Defends New York Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan
- Bennett Jackson Grew up a New York Giants Fan; “Hated” the New York Jets
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bsx