Welcome to the weekend, New York Giants fans! Enjoy the nice weather and the brief downtime because next week will be a busy one for Big Blue. In the mean time, enjoy that fresh cup of Saturday morning coffee over the following headlines. And then be sure to check back throughout the day for even more!
There are a lot of wide receivers on the Giants roster fighting for that final wide receiver spot (or two). One somewhat unfamiliar name not to sleep on: Marcus Harris.
Harris was among the many to receive first-string snaps alongside Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle on Thursday at Giants OTAs with Odell Beckham Jr. (hamstring) and Mario Manningham (knee) injured and Jerrel Jernigan tending to personal business. Kris Adams, Preston Parker and Julian Talley also rotated in during team drills at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
It just goes to show the logjam that currently exists outside the Giants' top four receivers (not including Manningham, whose knee continues to give him trouble some 18 months after surgery). It's anyone's spot to grab, with return specialist Trindon Holliday also expected to factor into the equation.
The Bayonne High School prom just scored a touchdown.
Giants punter Steve Weatherford followed through on a promise through Twitter to one lucky fan by attending prom as her date.
Weatherford tweeted a photo of him and his date on Twitter Friday evening, which read: “My prom date @laurendelbert looks beautiful! So sweet We are going to have a blast 2nt at Bayonne HS Prom.”
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound safety played with the Rattlers before ever playing in the NFL.
Shortly after the report caught some steam, the team denied inking Hill to any such deal and noting that the story was originally posted in 2011.
“Will Hill is NOT a member of the Arizona Rattlers,” the team's media relations manager Dale Hajek wrote in an email.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Works Out Free Agent QB Rusty Smith
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: Aaron Donald a Fit for Big Blue
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: Mario Manningham Returns Feeling Tested
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bsu