Crabtree, who went undrafted in the 2009 NFL Draft out of Miami (OH), spent the majority of his NFL career with the Green Bay Packers (2009-2012) and has a familiarity with Giants offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo.
In addition to the Packers, Crabtree also had a brief stint with the Kansas City Chiefs (2009) and spend last season with the aforementioned Buccaneers. However, he missed quite a bit of time in 2013 due to a high-ankle sprain and torn biceps, and was released in mid-May.
“Thank you to Lovie and the rest of the new staff for giving me a shot,” Crabtree said following his release. “That’s a great group of guys. Expect big things.”
In 53 career games, Crabtree has hauled in 22 receptions for 323 yards and five touchdowns. His best year came in 2012 with the Packers when he caught 12 passes for 203 yards (25.4 yard average) and three touchdowns.
With the Giants now out of the Jermichael Finley chase, they will apparently looked to find some veteran depth elsewhere.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Ben Tate, RB
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Sidney Rice, WR
- Ex-Giants Kicker Lawrence Tynes Could Become Free Agent Following Season-Long MRSA Infection
- Former Giants Kicker Lawrence Tynes Released by Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Now a Free Agent
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1brm