47-year-old John Gorman has been accused of stealing more than $75,000 between November of 2008 and July of 2010 by fraudulently saying that he had personal seat licenses (PSL) for sale and then not delivering on his promise.
Gorman is a New York Giants season-tickets holder, but prosecutors say that he misrepresented himself by saying that he was the ticketing manager for the team and thus, how he was able to get the trust of so many people and the money he's being accused of stealing from people.
The personal seat license that he claimed he was selling to people, provides people with the license for a season-ticket holder for the entire regular season.
Gorman, if convicted of the crime, which would be theft by deception, faces 10-years in prison.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Super Bowl Weather a Concern; Eli the Ticket Broker
- New York Giants Assign Jersey Numbers to New Additions
- New York Giants Announce Jersey Numbers for All Free Agent Signees, Rookies
- Ex-Giant Will Hill Destroyed New Jersey Rental Home, Refused to Pay for Damages: Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1brh