Happy Monday, New York Giants fans! The second week of Organized Team Activities (OTAs) get underway today, will continue tomorrow and then conclude with a third practice on Thursday. But, as we await news out of East Rutherford, we offer you the following morning headlines to enjoy over your coffee.
The Giants are well into the next phase of their offseason program with the start of organized team activities — offense going against defense right there on the same field, but no contact allowed.
Consider it an opportunity for many Giants newcomers to make a positive impression, which is what Xavier Grimble needs to do to build some momentum for his uphill climb to reach the final roster.
Grimble, an undrafted free agent from USC, is a tight end. As Giants fans know all too well, it’s not exactly a position of strength for a team that sagged on offense in 2013 and did not address its tight-end deficiency with any marquee additions.
Some former LSU players reunited at the NFL Players Association Rookie Premiere at the Los Angeles Colesium. LSU had nine players drafted and three of them got together for a photo in their new duds.
Jeremy Hill, second round pick of the Cincinnati Bengals, Odell Beckham Jr., the No. 1 pick and 12th player overall of the New York Giants, and Jarvis Landry, a second round pick by Miami posed for this photo. The photos were taken during photo shoots with trading card companies Panini America and Topps.
The New York Giants are about to get started on the second of four weeks’ worth of OTAs at their training headquarters in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
While there is a long way to go before decisions have to be made regarding roster spots and the depth chart, quite a few players have jumped out in their quest to impress the coaches after three noncontact practices.
Robinson, who’s running with the starters, has looked smooth catching the ball and doesn’t seem to be overthinking situations, which means he's playing faster.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: Xavier Grimble Inspired by Mark Bavaro
- Ex-USC Head Coach Ed Orgeron: Xavier Grimble Will Be an All-Pro in NFL
- Adrien Robinson, Xavier Grimble Look to Turn New York Giants’ Tight End Fortunes Around
- New York Giants to Sign USC TE Xavier Grimble; Awarded OT Jamaal Johnson-Webb Off Waivers
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Cuts Eli Manning? Yep, Another Hoax
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bl3