In recent days and weeks, projections for the upcoming fantasy football season have been kicked into high gear. As the diehards and cyber General Managers begin to prepare their 2014 draft strategies, fantasy experts over at NFL Network have also begun adding their two cents. And included among their list of potential fantasy draft bargains was none other than New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings.
Rashad Jennings, RB, New York Giants: Despite the fact that he started just a handful of games for the Oakland Raiders last season, Jennings still ranked among the 25-best running backs in fantasy football. Now the projected feature back for the G-Men, he can be had in the middle rounds as a flex starter with the potential to emerge into a solid No. 2 running back.
The value of a team's No. 1 running back — regardless of fantasy league size and setup — is always significant. In most non-quarterback heavy league's, depth at running back will either win you a trophy or land you in the basement. As such, Jennings does offer a potential bargain for mid-to-late round hunters — especially in early drafts before players begin to catch wind of his anticipated role.
While there's been much talk about the Giants going with a three-headed monster, the reality is that David Wilson has not yet been cleared for contact and Andre Williams is a rookie who brings little or no value as a receiving threat. Accordingly, that makes Jennings the most valuable Giants back from a fantasy perspective by far.
However, early Walter Football projections have Jennings set to gain only 800 yards on the ground, an additional 300 through the air with six total touchdowns.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Rashad Jennings May Be Ideal Solution at Running Back
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Rashad Jennings, RB
- New York Giants, Running Back Rashad Jennings Agree to Terms on Contract
- Rashad Jennings Aspires to Be a Complete, Every-Down Back for New York Giants
- New York Giants’ Rashad Jennings: “I’m with the Team That Wanted Me”
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bj2