In his short career, Goodin appeared in only one game for the Giants — the 2013 regular season finale against the Washington Redskins, filling in for left tackle Will Beatty who had suffered a broken leg.
Replacing Goodin on the roster is wide receiver Corey Washington, who was claimed off of waivers from the Arizona Cardinals.
Washington, who played his final year of college ball at Newberry College, was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent (UDFA) by the Cardinals. In his senior season, the 6'4'', 214 lbs. wideout hauled in 44 receptions for 839 yards and 13 touchdowns.
During his Pro Day, Washington posted a respectable 4.50 40-yard time. However, despite the Giants' lack of tall wide receivers, Washington would seem to be a long-shot to make the final 53-man roster.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Darnell Dockett Claims Giants WR Hakeem Nicks, Other Free Agents Will Join Arizona Cardinals
- John David Washington, Son of Denzel Washington, was Once on New York Giants’ Radar
- Should New York Giants Inquire About Larry Fitzgerald If Arizona Cardinals Put Him on Block?
- Ted Ginn Jr. Signs Three-Year Deal with Arizona Cardinals; New York Giants were Interested
- New York Giants to Sign USC TE Xavier Grimble; Awarded OT Jamaal Johnson-Webb Off Waivers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bho