Although NFL training camps are still about two months away, hardcore fantasy football players are beginning to gear up for the season ahead. As such, some of the fantasy football analysts have gotten work on some early projections, and in the first post-Draft Top 150 breakdown courtesy of RotoWorld, four members of the New York Giants have made the cut.
It's important to note that in this post-Draft 150, Evan Silva of RotoWorld places a higher value on non-quarterbacks and has broken the projections down into a 12-team, round-by-round list.
No. 44 – Victor Cruz (Round 4)
Will be ex-Packers assistant Ben McAdoo's Randall Cobb.
No. 56 – Rueben Randle (Round 5)
I expect Randle to emerge as Giants top outside receiver.
No. 80 – Rashad Jennings (Round 7)
Job security a concern with rookie Andre Williams lurking.
No. 123 – Andre Williams (Round 11)
Decisive, downhill bellcow back. Coughlin might fall in love.
It's hard to argue with his early projections given what occurred last season, but landing Cruz in the fourth-round would have the potential to be a significant steal. Meanwhile, Randle's value is going to depend not only on his progression, but how well Odell Beckham Jr. does early on. He, of course, has the potential to steal a starting spot at wide receiver.
Finally, the notion that Jennings' job is in potential jeopardy due to the drafting of Andre Williams is a bit of a reach. Ignoring the fact that Williams offers no value whatsoever as a receiver, Jennings was given a massive free agent contract to come in and be the lead dog for Big Blue. Even if the team resorts to a three-headed attack at running back, he's still likely to receive the bulk of the work and present the largest value for fantasy owners.
In addition to Cruz, Randle, Jennings and Williams, Silva also listed quarterback Eli Manning, running back David Wilson and wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to his "also considered" list.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Jerrel Jernigan One of the NFL’s Top No. 3 Fantasy Wide Receivers in 2014?
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle No. 72 on NFL Network’s Top 100 Players of 2014
- New York Giants Friday Morning Storylines: 2014 NFL Draft Wrap-Up
- New York Giants’ Rueben Randle, Adrien Robinson Among 5 NFL Players Ready for Bigger Roles
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bd2