After one of the busiest offseasons in recent memory, New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin isn't interested in hearing about a rebuilding year. In fact, it's not even a thought in his mind and he made sure his players knew that earlier this week.
During a team meeting prior to the start of this Memorial Day Weekend, Coughlin reminded the team that although there's been a major facelift, expectations remain the same and winning is the only option. Excuses will not be accepted.
Steve Weatherford (@Weatherford5) May 22, 2014
From John Mara to Jerry Reese to Tom Coughlin, the sentiment has remained the same. And although many believe the G-Men stand little chance in 2014 — Vegas has set their over/under on wins at 7.5 — the Giants appear determined to return to their winning ways.
Given their offseason spending spree and focus on leadership in the 2014 NFL Draft, Big Blue does appear to be "all in" on a championship this year despite the naysayers, and it's something Coughlin clearly wants his players to buy into.
If Steve Weatherford's tweet is any indication, they all appear to be on the same page.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Giants’ Antrel Rolle Praises Tom Coughlin & Jon Beason; Offers Motivational Message to Teammates
- Super Bowl XLII Voted Greatest Super Bowl of All-Time
- Sports Media 101 NY/NJ Super Bowl Score Contest
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bar