During the broadcast of "Inside the NBA" on TNT this past Wednesday night, former NBA superstar and popular media personality, Shaquille O'Neal, announced that he would be divorcing the Dallas Cowboys — effectively burning his fan card — and jumping onto the Big Blue bandwagon.
The reason for the sudden shift in loyalty was a deeply personal one. O'Neal and his family are very close with the Beckham family, and Shaq has know Odell since his birth — he even refers to him as his "nephew." He grew up with Odell's Father, rooming with him while attending LSU in the 90's, while also becoming friends with Heather Van Norman, Odell's Mother, who was a track star at LSU at the same time.
And, hey, it doesn't hurt that Shaq will now have an opportunity to cheer for a Super Bowl contending team. That's a drastic change-of-pace for the big fella.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Rueben Randle Told Odell Beckham Jr. That New York Giants are Considering Drafting Him
- San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets Each Considered Leaping Giants for Odell Beckham Jr.
- Odell Beckham Jr. the Possible Target of an Unsettling Hoax; New York Giants, NFL are Investigating
- Bill Polian Likes Giants’ Pick of Odell Beckham; Says He’s Major Upgrade Over Hakeem Nicks
- Carolina Panthers GM Dave Gettleman: Odell Beckham Jr. Best Route Runner from Rookie Class
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b9w