The New York Giants officially announced on Monday that the team had signed four additional members of their 2014 Draft class to their rookie deals. Those new to ink the paper include first-round pick Odell Beckham Jr. (WR, LSU), second-round pick Weston Richburg (OL, Colorado State), fifth-round pick Devon Kennard (LB, USC) and sixth-round pick Bennett Jackson (DB, Notre Dame).
The sole remaining unsigned rookie is third-round pick Jay Bromley (DT, Syracuse) and his deal is expected to be done in the very near future.
Weston Richburg (@westonrichburg) May 20, 2014
As noted on Monday, the Giants had approximately $3.9M in remaining salary cap space prior to accounting for all of these signings, but the team was in the clear to cover that with what remains and would still have a little left over. Once Bromley officially signs and the contracts are run through the NFLPA, the Giants will have approximately $1.78M remaining, plus an additional $5M on June 1st when the cut of David Baas kicks in.
Big Blue is working at a rapid pace here in 2014 after not getting their 2013 rookie draft class under contract in its entirety until July last year.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Nearing Deal with Fifth-Round Pick Devon Kennard
- 2014 NFL Draft: New York Giants Select Colorado State C Weston Richburg
- 2014 NFL Draft: New York Giants Select USC LB Devon Kennard
- Jerry Reese Expects Weston Richburg to Compete for New York Giants’ Starting Center Job in 2014
- Rueben Randle Told Odell Beckham Jr. That New York Giants are Considering Drafting Him
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b68