As NFL Network runs down their annual list of the Top 100 players league-wide, Pro Football Focus has also broken out their annual list of the Top 101 Players. And as the New York Giants remain (for now) blanked on the NFL Network list, two of their defenders did happen to crack PFF's Top 101.
Coming in at No. 36, although he was a member of the Denver Broncos in 2013, is cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.
"You never know quite what you're going to get from DRC on a year-to-year basis, but fortunately for the Broncos the one year he got them was a good one. Finishing with the fourth highest coverage grade of any cornerback, DRC delivered and then some in his season at Mile High. With an impressive 13 combined interceptions and pass break ups as well as allowing just 44.1% of passes to be complete in his area, his performance made the team forget about Champ Bailey missing the majority of the year."
The only player to make the list who actually played for the Giants in 2013 was safety Will Hill, who came in at No. 86.
"It remains to be seen when (or if) we'll next see Hill on an NFL field given his well documented off the field problems that look like ending his Giants career and leading to a third NFL suspension. Which makes it all the more a shame after he put forth a truly tremendous season in an otherwise rotten year for the Giants. Missing just four tackles and getting beat for one touchdown, Hill didn't make the kind of highlight-reel plays that will wow Pro Bowl voters, but his consistency and lack of mistakes were that of a player maturing on the field. A true disappointment he couldn't mirror that off it."
Pro Football Focus has long been a supporter of Hill's on-field ability, repeatedly sharing data that supports his rise in the NFL. Of course, that's only made that much more frustrating for Giants fans as he can't seem to stay out of trouble — most recently, failing a league drug test for the third time.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Visit Giants on Sunday After Leaving Jets Meeting Without Deal
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle Challenges Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie to Become Best CB in NFL
- New York Giants, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Agree to 5-Year, $39 Million Deal
- Denver Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Visit with New York Giants
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Take Physical for New York Giants on Monday
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b6e