The New York Giants are finally on the board! The team announced on Friday that they have signed fourth-round pick Andre Williams (RB, Boston College) and fifth-round pick Nat Berhe (DB, San Diego State) to their rookie deals.
Although financial details were not immediately made available, the NFL's rookie wage scale is pretty well set in stone. Accordingly, Williams' deal is likely around the four-years, $2.67 million with an estimated signing bonus of $453,600, while Berhe's deal is likely around four-years, $2.33 million with an estimated signing bonus of $110,060.
For Williams, this signing is almost like a premonition coming true. He had repeatedly stated during the 2014 NFL Draft and leading up to his selection that he always believed he'd end up with Big Blue.
"It’s not necessarily when I got picked up, it’s where I got picked up. Like I said, from the start I had a feeling it was going to be the Giants and it really ended up turning out that way," Williams said. "I’m really just glad that it turned out that way. Patience is a really valuable thing. It worked out the best possible way it could, no matter what round it ended up being. Whether it was after the fourth round had I came to the Giants, I would have been just as happy. The round doesn’t really bother me at all."
Berhe, meanwhile, is just ready to get on the field and hit someone.
"I try to be the biggest and baddest dude out there every time. It is just the way I play. It was the way I was taught to play," Berhe said. "I just play with a lot of emotion and anger and I try to take people’s heads off, it’s what I do. I think that is how the safety position is supposed to be played."
The Giants have five remaining draft picks left to sign, including first-round pick Odell Beckham Jr. (WR, LSU). All of those deals are expected to get done without any snags.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Andre Williams Knew All Along He’d End up with the New York Giants
- Jerry Reese Expecting David Wilson to Be Cleared for Training Camp; Couldn’t Pass on Andre Williams
- 2014 NFL Draft: New York Giants Select Boston College RB Andre Williams
- 2014 NFL Draft: New York Giants Select San Diego State S Nat Berhe
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b2e