New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle is intimately familiar with the team's brand new cornerback, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. The two played together with the Arizona Cardinals and Rolle knows DRC has, at times, played like the premiere cornerback in the league. Now, fresh off of a mega deal with Big Blue, Rolle challenged his friend to find consistency and dominate the league as he's entirely capable of doing.
"I still don't feel like he has shown what he can truly be in this league, which is one of the best corners in the NFL," Rolle said on Friday during a promotion for the Promax protein bar nutrition system.
"I've played the corner position. I've been around several corners, and I know the talents and athleticism he brings to the game." Rolle added. "He's freakish. You put that together, along with the knowledge of the game, understanding where your team is going to be, when to gamble here and there, when not to. I think he has the best safeties around, with Stevie Brown, myself, Will Hill and Quintin Demps. Now he needs to show how good he can be."
On paper, there's no denying just how talented the Giants' secondary appears to be. Add in Walter Thurmond III, Trumaine McBride, Jayron Hosley and Charles James and you have quite the formidable unit. And if DRC truly can morph into a consistently dominating cornerback, allowing Prince Amukamara to come into his own on the other side, Big Blue's defense could soar to the top of the league.
Perhaps Rolle's challenge will be just the sort of motivation DRC requires to take his game to the next level.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Agree to 5-Year, $39 Million Deal
- New York Giants Plan to Have Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Covering Opponents No. 1
- New York Giants’ Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie: “I Definitely Believe This is a Championship Team”
- New York Giants’ Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie: Signing with Big Blue was Never About the Money
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ays