May 13th, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Former New York Giants safety and Super Bowl XLII champion, Tyler Sash, found himself in some seriously hot water early on Sunday morning when he was arrested for public intoxication in Oskaloosa, Iowa.

The Oskaloosa Police Department say they attempted to pull Sash over at 1:27 AM Sunday morning in the southeast part of Oskaloosa after he was seen riding his one-person scooter without any lights. But rather than pull over, Sash attempted to escape the police before ditching his scooter and taking off into the backyards of local residents.

Sash was reportedly then found crouched, hiding behind a tree and still resisting arrest. After refusing to be placed in handcuffs, Sash was then tased and apprehended.

Once in custody, Sash allegedly informed police that he did have approximately "six drinks within the hour," but refused a field sobriety test and breathalyzer. He was subsequently charged with public intoxication and interference with official acts.

Sash, originally a sixth-round pick of the Giants in the 2011 NFL Draft, was released by New York in late August of 2013 with an injury settlement. He has not played in the NFL since.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tyler Sash

8 Responses to “Ex-Giant Tyler Sash Arrested for Public Intoxication After Attempting to Outrun Police on Scooter”

And just like it was when he played for us … he doesn’t have the wheels.

•  GIANTT says:

Krow – you are a p—er . Do you have a whole list of these bon mots ready to go or something ?

•  rlhjr says:

Did you not know that our Krow is simply the master of one liners?
        After many years of reading them, I am totally convinced of his majestic skill.

2.  Nosh.0 says:

Stay classy Sash. Hopefully Cooper Taylor will behave better when he’s cut in 2 years.

Taylor is a different level talent than Sash. Taylor could turn out to be nothing but he has the chance to be a starting safety with his athleticism. Sash never was going to be more than a backup because he was limited athletically.

•  Nosh.0 says:

Yeah I’m mostly kidding. I don’t know enough about him to have an opinion. The only thing I know is I saw his college highlights and his competition looked like high schoolers. Could be the DB version of Ramses Barden. If he can play at all he should be able to see time over Demps. Who is not a good DB in his own right.

•  rlhjr says:

I’ll go ahead and put a blanket on this pig. Since a comedic spin on this is bound to be had.

Sash was a safety, in Giant fashion which means he’s a pretty big dude. Make no mistake, this team is predicated on the ideal NFL height weight numbers by position. AKA the bigger the better.

I cant help but to imagine a Benny Hill skit. And I wonder aloud if this scooter was of the two or three wheeled variety. I can see the chase sequence in my minds eye sped up a time and a half via the magic of video edit. LMFAO.

And just in case you don’t get my imagery: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Razor+3+Wheel+Scooter&qpvt=Razor+3+Wheel+Scooter&FORM=IGRE

3.  Lou D. says:

Hey, I spent 6 weeks in Oskaloosa, Iowa and all there is to do is drink.