In what is considered to be a very much "win now" stage for the New York Giants, they have attempted to build a team that can not only help the Giants get back to the postseason for the first time since 2011, but a team that can win Super Bowl XLIX.
This year's Super Bowl will be held at the same place the Giants won Super Bowl XLII against the 18-0 New England Patriots; the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona; so it would only be fitting if the Giants could make a run in 2014 and play another Super Bowl in that building.
Bovada doesn't have them listed with the highest odds in the NFL though, as the Giants are currently at 40/1 odds to win the Super Bowl, which is currently tied for 13th in the league; the Giants are one of eight teams with 40/1 odds to win the Super Bowl.
The defending champions of this past season, the Seattle Seahawks currently sit with the best odds at 6/1; the Denver Broncos, the AFC Champions and runner-up from February's blowout game, are currently at 7/1 odds.
The New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers are both tied for third at 15/2 odds as they were the two teams who respectively lost in the AFC and NFC Championship Games to the Seahawks and Broncos.
Back in February, Super Bowl XLVIII was played in the Giants own building at MetLife Stadium; something that didn't give the Giants that great of odds of making the game as no team has ever hosted their own Super Bowl in NFL history and with the Giants finishing 7-9 and failing to make the playoffs for the second straight year only added to that.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Super Bowl XLII Voted Greatest Super Bowl of All-Time
- 2007 New York Giants Had Less than 1% Chance to Win Super Bowl XLII: New Mathematical Report
- Poor Eli Manning: Super Bowl XLVIII Edition
- Sports Media 101 NY/NJ Super Bowl Score Contest
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ayz