The conclusion of the 2014 NFL Draft came to an end on Saturday and while the New York Giants may have been done making selections in the sixth round, they were able to sign players at the end of the draft who did not get a phone call from one of the 32 NFL teams.
Those players are:
- Xavier Grimble, TE, USC
- Kerry Wynn, DE, Richmond
- Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
- Emmanuel Dieke, DE, Georgia Tech
- Dan Fox, LB, Notre Dame
- Eathyn Manumaleuna, DT, Utah
- C.J. Barnett, S, Ohio State
- Justin Anderson, LB, Louisiana-Lafayette
- Thomas Gordon, S, Michigan
With those nine now on the roster (pending), plus the seven draft picks from the weekend, the Giants are currently over full capacity for the initial 90-man roster, so if the team want to sign any other undrafted free agents or regular free agents for that matter, someone will have to be released in order to make room for that player in addition to the three that already have to be cut.
Last year, Charles James was one of the few undrafted free agents picked up by the Giants to not only make the team as a practice squad player, but made the actual roster in 2013.
Note: None of these signings are official until the team announces them.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Made Calls to More than 235 Free Agents
- New York Giants Have 5 of NFL’s Top 101 Pending Free Agents
- New York Giants’ Hakeem Nicks, Justin Tuck & Jon Beason All Expected to Become Free Agents
- New York Giants are ‘Pretty Close to Done’ Signing Veteran Free Agents
- New York Giants Will not Tender Restricted Free Agents FB Henry Hynoski, OL Jim Cordle
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aw6