North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron has been mocked to the New York Giants more times than can even be counted, but in his final mock draft prior to the actual start of the 2014 NFL Draft, NFL Draft expert Matt Miller added a bit of a twist to things. Rather than having the Giants take Ebron at No. 12, Miller actually mocked a scenario where Big Blue trades up and selects Ebron with the No. 8 pick.
In the 2013 NFL draft, we saw the San Francisco 49ers move from pick No. 31 all the way to No. 18 in exchange for a third-round pick. That's what the New York Giants give up in order to secure tight end Eric Ebron at No. 8.
To land Ebron, the Giants must get in front of the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions—which they do. This gives Eli Manning the big, athletic, Jimmy Graham-style tight end needed to really open up the Giants offense.
However true it may be about Ebron possibly going inside the Top 10, there is little chance the Giants would be willing to trade up to select him. In fact, even if he's there at No. 12 there now appears to be some question about the Giants' interest given some of Ebron's personality concerns — something General Manager Jerry Reese admitted the team would shy away from in early rounds.
Mock drafts are hard enough to get right without the trades and have a near 0% accuracy rating once you start to include them. This will undoubtedly be another one of those as Reese & Co. will absolutely not be trading up for Ebron. Unless, of course, they do — in which case, Miller will deserve extreme kudos.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants not Sold on TE Eric Ebron Due to Personality Concerns?
- Mike Mayock Likes Zack Martin, Mike Evans, Eric Ebron for New York Giants with 12th Pick
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1atf