Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson may have topped the NFL Players Inc. list of top sales for the 2013-2014 season, but the New York Giants were also represented in the Top 50 with both quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Victor Cruz making the list.
Manning was the only Giant to crack the Top 10, landing at No. 8 just ahead of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, while Victor Cruz came in at No. 21. And although Cruz's 21st ranking may seem a bit low, but he was behind only Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson at their position.
Nine of the top 10 players on the list are quarterbacks, including six Super Bowl champions: Wilson (#1), Manning (#2), the Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (#5), the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady (#6), the New York Giants’ Eli Manning (#8), and the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (#10). The San Francisco 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick (#3), who jumped 12 spots from #15, the Washington Redskins’ Robert Griffin III (#4), and the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (#9) round out the top 10.
This quarterly listed "is based on total overall sales of all licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 70 NFLPI licensees." It tallies everything from jersey's to action figures to playing cards.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants WRs Mario Manningham, Victor Cruz Working with QB Eli Manning at Duke University
- Victor Cruz Wants New York Giants to Draft Texas A&M WR Mike Evans
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aol