May 4th, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson may have topped the NFL Players Inc. list of top sales for the 2013-2014 season, but the New York Giants were also represented in the Top 50 with both quarterback Eli Manning and wide receiver Victor Cruz making the list.

Manning was the only Giant to crack the Top 10, landing at No. 8 just ahead of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, while Victor Cruz came in at No. 21. And although Cruz's 21st ranking may seem a bit low, but he was behind only Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson at their position.

Nine of the top 10 players on the list are quarterbacks, including six Super Bowl champions: Wilson (#1), Manning (#2), the Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (#5), the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady (#6), the New York GiantsEli Manning (#8), and the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (#10). The San Francisco 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick (#3), who jumped 12 spots from #15, the Washington Redskins’ Robert Griffin III (#4), and the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck (#9) round out the top 10.

This quarterly listed "is based on total overall sales of all licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 70 NFLPI licensees." It tallies everything from jersey's to action figures to playing cards.

Tags: Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson, Eli Manning, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Seattle, Seattle Seahawks, Victor Cruz

7 Responses to “New York Giants’ Eli Manning, Victor Cruz Among NFLPI’s Top 50 Player Sales Rankings”

Facebook 101 … going by what was said in the past, the posters who moved to Facebook were upset by what they called the ‘negativity’ of the G101 site. They wanted an environment where the posts were more positive … and also less angry and confrontational. At least that’s my understanding of what happened.

•  rlhjr says:

A lot less confrontational posts and denigrating remarks since the semi exodus IMHO. And the new posters are knowledgeable. Still my fav site. Plus Norm pops in from time to time.

2.  William says:

REPOST:
    Any chance that QB starved teams like Jax, Oak, Clev and especially Minnesota might want to get Nassib and a 3rd rounder and move just a few slots to 12??
    If you were a fan of the team not a bad deal, future QB, an extra pick in a deep draft and a stud pick regardless at 12.
    I still think even if Nassib doesn’t go in a first round trade he’s in play at some point in this draft.
    My other thought is that its laughable that no QB’s will go in the top 11. My bet is 2 for sure (Bortles, Manzeil) and maybe a third. Getting a franchise QB is the holy grail in this “cap” league and the way the game is played. If your the above QB starved teams you just can’t cross your fingers and hope the key for success will be there in round 2.
    All of which tells me that we will see several unforeseen guys available at 12 way above Aaron Donald.

3.  kujo says:

Speaking only for myself, my G101 absence hasn’t had much to do with “negativity,” so much as the cumulative increase in demands of teaching middle school and keeping a pregnant wife happy.

But the FCAT is over, and school will let out a month from tomorrow.

And thus, you’ll all have your fill of me, my insults and my d*ck jokes soon enough!

•  Krow says:

Right … cause it’s always about you. Hahaha j/k … hope all’s well with you and the growing family.

•  kujo says:

Color me disappointed that your avatar hasn’t changed since last I was here. I mean, have you SEEN Hunger Games?!

Aaron Donald … first off I’m in no way saying we should draft the guy. Bigger needs and better prospects elsewhere. However IF we draft him I suspect it will be with the intention of him playing a swing role. He’s got one of the traits GMs die for … the ability to rush the passer. It’s rare … and it’s what’s moved him up the board. Smart teams will use him in a variety of ways to leverage this ability. They won’t jam him in as a traditional run stopper DT.