As the NFL has done in the past, they revealed on Thursday that 32 former players — one representing each franchise — will announce all second-round picks at the 2014 NFL Draft. And, perhaps fittingly so, retired Hall of Fame linebacker Harry Carson will be representing the New York Football Giants.
A former fourth-round pick of the Giants in 1976, Carson will join 10 other Pro Football Hall of Famers — including five from the 2014 class — on the stage in the second round. The others include Aeneas Williams (Arizona Cardinals), Claude Humphrey (Atlanta Falcons), Andre Reed (Buffalo Bill), Walter Jones (Seattle Seahawks), Derrick Brooks (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Mike Singletary (Chicago Bears), James Lofton (Green Bay Packers), Curley Culp (Kansas City Chiefs), Larry Little (Miami Dolphins) and Willie Brown (Oakland Raiders).
In addition to the Hall of Famers, other representatives include Chad Pennington (New York Jets), Herman Moore (Detroit Lions), Marvin Harrison (Indianapolis Colts) and Morten Anderson (New Orleans Saints). Obviously, a few of those are also former Giants and should receive a nice hand from the crowd.
Last year, former offensive line Rich Seubert announced the Giants' third-round pick.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Awarded 5th Round Compensatory Pick in 2014 NFL Draft
- New York Giants May Receive at Least a 5th Round Compensatory Pick: Projections
- Jerry Reese: New York Giants “Not Afraid” to Draft Another QB in 2014 NFL Draft — Even at No. 12
- NFL Exec: New York Giants’ Ryan Nassib Better than All Quarterbacks in 2014 NFL Draft
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1amt