Happy Thursday, Giants fans! We are now exactly one week away from the 2014 NFL Draft and are preparing for Jerry Reese's pre-draft press conference later this afternoon. But in the mean time, kick back, relax and enjoy the following AM headlines over your morning coffee.
West Texas A&M linebacker Ethan Westbrooks and wide receiver Torrance Allen visited the New York Giants, according to league sources.
Westbrooks is a 6-foot-3, 267-pound middle-round draft target. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.72 seconds at his Pro Day after running a 4.83 at the NFL scouting combine.
Allen has run the 40-yard dash in 4.41 seconds with a 40-inch vertical leap, a 10-9 broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 15 times.
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay both went in a different direction this time around for the Giants with the 12th-overall pick in their latest mock drafts.
The interesting name here is Beckham, who was fifth on our list Tuesday morning of players most likely to be selected by the Giants in the first round. For the most part, he hadn't been considered a Top 12 pick. But Kiper has him being selected 10th by the Lions and McShay 12th to the Giants.
As the American Dream mall in East Rutherford finally appears headed for completion, Governor Chris Christie and developer Triple Five said the next order of business will be to strip the structure of its orange and blue exterior and give it a new facade.
According to a report by the Star-Ledger, Edmonton-based Triple Five plans to begin that process, “over the next few weeks,” and expects to open by fall 2016. Instead of the current colored walls, Triple Five said the new exterior will have, “A lot of glass, really clean and exquisite,” the report said.
Jerry Reese is known for not tipping his hand in press conferences. It’s just good practice for NFL general managers.
Nevertheless, he will hold his annual pre-draft session with the media tomorrow afternoon at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. And while you’ll be hard-pressed to hear him mention a prospect by name, Reese will field questions about the personnel department’s biggest day of the year as well as broader topics surrounding the team.
Giants.com looks ahead at those subjects and what fans may find out at Thursday’s pre-draft press conference, which will be streamed live on Giants.com beginning at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Michael Strahan to Host “Good Morning America”
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Potential Destinations for WR Hakeem Nicks
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Losing Andre Brown Leaves Hole in Backfield
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Pre-Draft Starting Lineup Projections
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Title Banners Provide Seahawks Inspiration
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1alw