Following a torn ACL a year ago, Stevie Brown has become somewhat of a forgotten man. However, the veteran safety is likely to play a key role for the New York Giants in 2014 — especially now that Will Hill not only faces a long suspension for yet another failed drug test, but may soon find his way out of East Rutherford all together. And eight months into his rehab, Brown says he's feeling good and expects to be at or near 100% by the time the regular season begins.
"If I’m not 100, I definitely expect to be high in the 90s," Brown told The Star-Ledger. "By when it happened to when I actually have to play again, I get a full year of recovery. You see a lot of people come back and they’re effective off of seven months, eight months of rehab. I have a full 12 months so I expect to be pretty much close to 100."
Even with four months to go until the one-year mark, Brown says he's no longer restricted in his rehab and has already resumed running and jumping.
"I don’t have any limits whenever I do anything," Brown added. "I feel great. I can run, I can jump, I can land on one leg, I can land on my left leg, push off equally off of both legs whenever they put the little tracking unit on me and measure when I was rehabbing and doing everything. All my stuff was balanced out. I feel great."
Having a healthy Brown back on the field is almost as good as another free agent addition for the Giants. And if he can return to his 2012 form, which saw him snag a team-leading eight interceptions (returned for 307 yards), that would be a tremendous boost for an already vastly improved secondary.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Stevie Brown Feels Great from ACL Surgery; Ready to Prepare for 2014 Season
- Stevie Brown Progressing Well from ACL Surgery; Hopes to Sign Deal with New York Giants Soon
- “Nothing Imminent” Between Stevie Brown & New York Giants; Ryan Mundy Unlikely to Re-Sign
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ale