In relatively typical fashion, members of the Philadelphia Eagles have spent their offseason concentrating on the New York Giants and what they've done. In recent weeks, we've seen cornerback Brandon Boykin target newly signed Giants cornerback Walter Thurmond and safety Malcolm Jenkins mock Big Blue's inability to protect Eli Manning. Not to be outdone, running back LeSean McCoy, who has a long history of trash talk with the Giants, laughed at Big Blue's offseason moves on Monday, dismissing them as relevant.
“I’m not paying attention to the Giants,” McCoy said. “What have they done? Signed some guys. Big deal.”
Ironically, it was a similar Eagles free agency only a few years ago that coined the name "Dream Team" and, well, we all know how that ended. But it should still come as no surprise that the Eagles can't seem to stop talking about the Giants despite the season still being many months away. It should come as even less of a surprise that McCoy decided it was his turn to jump in.
Dating back to 2011, McCoy has often targeted the Giants with his trash talk, once stirring up a long-running feud with defensive end Osi Umenyiora that continued even into last season. And it was that feud with Osi that led to McCoy being referred to as "Lady Gaga" in the Giants' locker-room. That is, of course, when they aren't referring to him as a Chihuahua.
Fast forward to now and the rivalry is still very much alive. As ridiculous as some of these barbs are — which the Giants have flat-out ignored to this point — it will make for some very entertaining television when the pads are finally put up and these two teams line up across from each other.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Philadelphia Eagles’ Brandon Boykin Continues Trash Talking: “Who is Walter Thurmond?”
- Philadelphia Eagles’ Malcolm Jenkins: “It Doesn’t Look Like” New York Giants Can Protect Eli Manning
- Eagles, Mark Sanchez Agree to One-Year Deal; New York Giants Had Rumored Interest
- New York Giants One of NFL Network’s Top 5 Teams to Watch During Offseason Workouts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ak1