Welcome to a new week, Giants fans! The 2014 NFL Draft is still a short ways away, so we'll move forward with out morning storylines series today, including a look at a recent hoax story about Eli Manning and…. So kick back, relax and enjoy your morning coffee over the following headlines.
The article was published on Empire Sports, a self-described “satire” website, this week, getting thousands of shares and “likes” on Facebook. The hoax reads:
“New York Giant fans are going to have a lot of questions coming in the next couple days, as news of Eli Manning being cut, has finally surfaced, It is reported that Manning will no longer be behind center coming this fall, at least in a Giants uniform. He was released from the team this afternoon, as what is being called a “choice that had to be made.”
The finish line is in sight. In two weeks, we'll be knee deep into the NFL Draft. The Giants will have multiple picks in the books.
Unfortunately, that means next week will be the final mock roundup. Sigh.
For now, Pittsburgh Aaron Donald is the most popular selection for the Giants. He wasn't even on the radars of the "experts" when all this year's mock drafting began. I remember seeing him dominate at the Senior Bowl and saying, "Who is this guy?"
Jacobs was drafted by the Green Bay Packers and played mostly on special teams as a rookie for the NFL champions. Led by legendary coach Vince Lombardi, the Packers beat Cleveland in the title game the year before the Super Bowl was created. Jacobs then was traded to the New York Giants.
"If I’ve got any claim to fame, it’s that I played for Vince Lombardi," Jacobs said in a 2011 Tribune interview. He described the coach as "the only person that really terrified me."
The Dallas Cowboys failed to keep Pro Bowl defensive players DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher, but they are bringing back a veteran pass rusher.
Spencer, 30, had met with two division rivals — the Washington Redskins and New York Giants — in March. Those visits didn't produce a signing, ostensibly because Spencer is still recovering from microfracture knee surgery.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Many Changes Ahead for Eli Manning
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: How Will Big Blue Manage Running Back Roles?
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Among Free Agency Winners
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Despite Spending Spree, Big Blue Still Has Issues
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aj0