Earlier this week, the New York Giants held pre-draft visits with Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan, Washington State safety Deone Bucannon and several others. The National Football Post is now reporting that one of those "others" was Purdue offensive tackle Kevin Pamphile.
Pamphile, who did not receive an NFL Combine invite, put up some impressive numbers at his Pro Day which rival those of other top-ranked offensive tackles. He clocked in at 4.92 and 4.94 seconds in the 40-yard dash respectively with a 10-yard split of 1.69 seconds. He also added a 32-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot broad jump, as well as 25 reps at 225 lbs.
In addition to the Giants, Pamphile also recently worked out for the Oakland Raiders.
"[He] looked very athletic and fluid in his movement skill and positional work. He had a great day and really helped himself," one scout said of Pamphile's workout with the Raiders.
The 6'4'', 311 lbs. Pamphile has generated interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Rams, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals in addition to the Giants and Raiders. He is projected to either be a 7th round draft pick or to, potentially, sign as an undrafted rookie free agent.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants OL Kevin Boothe Visiting Oakland Raiders on Monday
- Former Giants G/C Kevin Boothe, Oakland Raiders Agree to Two-Year, $3.4 Million Deal
- New York Giants Likely Negotiating with Kevin Boothe; Have Expressed Interest in Ryan Wendell
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aho