After one of the busiest offseasons in recent memory and with the 2014 NFL Draft yet to come, it's clear that the 2014 New York Giants will be vastly different than the 2013 New York Giants. But while speaking with TMZ Sports earlier this week, co-owner Steve Tisch took that to the next level, saying not only will the team be drastically different in 2014, but so will the results.
"Nothing from last year will look anything like this year," Tisch said told TMZ Sports. "This year will look like nothing from last year."
After eight straight non-losing seasons, a 7-9 finish is not something anyone in the Giants organization is proud of. The team has worked hard to create a culture of success and, for the most part, they've been able to capitalize on that. But the 2013 hiccup, which included an 0-6 start to the season, cost many their jobs and that's a testament to how serious the team is about returning to their winning ways.
But not all was talk about the comparisons between what 2014 may bring and how 2013 ended, as TMZ Sports also peppered Tisch with questions about Eli Manning, his health and the organization's decision to trade for him 10 years ago. And while Tisch stopped short of calling Eli the best pick-up league-wide of the last decade, he did acknowledge that it was the franchise's best decision over the last 10 years.
"He is certainly the Giants' best [acquisition] in the last decade," Tisch said. "And he is recovering and recuperating very nicely."
Manning, of course, is expected to be a full-go once training camp begins in June.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Giants Co-Owner Steve Tisch Praises Michael Sam Following Announcement That He’s Gay
- New York Giants Co-Owner Steve Tisch Thinks Roger Goodell Will Come Down Hard on Jim Irsay
- New York Giants Co-Owner John Mara: Expanded Playoffs Unlikely for 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ahh