Perhaps looking for an additional talent to help replace Hakeem Nicks (Indianapolis Colts), Cruz told NFL Network on Thursday that he'd ideally like for the Giants to select a big-play outside wide receiver with the No. 12 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
"A [big-play receiver] is something we need in this offense to be successful," Cruz said, specifically naming Evans. "An outside guy that can do the job and that can help fuel all the other receivers in the locker room and put some fire up under them to get them where they have to be."
The 6'5'', 225 lbs. Evans would certainly be exactly that for the Giants, especially coming off of a season in which he caught 69 passes for 1,394 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Whether or not Evans will still be there at No. 12 however, remains to be seen. His stock has certainly risen and he was recently mocked as high as No. 5 overall to the Oakland Raiders by NFL Network.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants in Attendance for Texas A&M WR Mike Evans’ Pro Day on Thursday
- New York Giants May Target WR Mike Evans in 2014 NFL Draft: Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1afn