By now it's clear that the New York Giants are not done addressing the wide receiver position. Whether they opt to sign another veteran free agent or if they decide to address the position in the draft (or both) remains to be seen, but one thing is for certain: they're looking at all available options.
Those options include former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver LaRon Byrd, who visited with the team on Tuesday, and former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Sidney Rice, whom they've reportedly expressed some interest in recently. However, Byrd came and went without a contract and The Star-Ledger is now reporting that Big Blue should be considered an "extreme longshot" to land Rice.
Depending on how you would view the odds, it does seem somewhat unlikely that the Giants would engage in a bidding war — should it come to that — for Rice, but as of earlier this week, only three other teams had expressed interest in Rice: the Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints.
While the Panthers appear to have the greatest need and willingness to spend on a wide receiver, you certainly can't count out the Saints, Seahawks or Giants.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Have Expressed Interest in WR Sidney Rice
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Sidney Rice, WR
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1a6z