At one point in time early in the offseason, it appeared as if tight end/fullback Bear Pascoe would return to the New York Giants. But as the days turned into weeks and weeks into months, it became more and more likely that his tenure with Big Blue was, in fact, coming to an end.
"It's a little frustrating at times, waiting for something to happen," Pascoe told The Fresno Bee. "The uncertainty can be nerve-racking, but it's good to have patience and eventually something will happen."
With the Giants having signed Kellen Davis and given Pascoe's ole No. 86 to the returning Mario Manningham, the writing does appear to be on the wall. And while ruling out a Pascoe return would be a bit presumptuous, the veteran tight end is prepared to move on and feels he still has a lot to offer any of the remaining teams in need of experience and versatility.
"I still feel like I've got a lot to offer as far as the NFL goes, and helping teams win games," Pascoe said. "I'm just waiting for that shot."
Unfortunately for Pascoe, the market on him has seen little activity thus far and that's not likely to change until after the NFL Draft. However, when that time does come and teams look to sign what remains of the free agent market, it would be surprising if they collectively left a 28-year-old two-position player in the wind. Someone, somewhere is going to need that sort of depth and Pascoe will be given another chance.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Bear Pascoe Patiently Waiting for NFL to Call
- With a Need at Wide Receiver, Might Some Former New York Giants Find Their Way Back to the Team?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1a4q