New York Giants Sign Former Tennessee Titans WR Travis Harvey

April 4th, 2014 at 3:05 PM
By Doug Rush

In addition to signing former Chicago Bears and Seattle Seahawks tight end Kellen Davis, the Giants also signed former Tennessee Titans wide receiver Travis Harvey on Friday, as Giants.com reported.

Maxim34374 / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)

Harvey was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by Tennessee last year out of Florida A&M, but never made the team in training camp and was released before the start of the regular season. After being cut by the Titans, Harvey wasn't signed by anyone else in the 2013 season.

The 6'2", 183 pound wide receiver had 64 catches for 808 yards and seven touchdowns during his senior year of college and didn't start playing football until his junior year of college.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tennessee Titans, Travis Harvey

22 Responses to “New York Giants Sign Former Tennessee Titans WR Travis Harvey”

1.  jfunk says:

As of this moment, I believe I’m hoping for Zack Martin at 12. Seems like he’s a safe bet and can step in at whichever line position turns out to be the weakest link (besides Center).

2.  BigBlueGiant says:

TRAVIS HARVEY!

3.  rlhjr says:

This is further evidence that a spot on this roster will only be given to the best man. Reese is laying a solid foundation. He’ll be able to draft who he wants when he wants. I’ve a strong feeling this will be one hell of a football team come opening day 2015. This year they’ll be so so.
    But sparks will fly……….

4.  rlhjr says:

If they can just escape serious injuries.

5.  PittsburghJim says:

RLHJR….
    I agree with you 90+% of the time. I know that makes your night.

However, you get Lewan/Martin Rd #1, then Niklas or Amaro in Rd #2 & you’re better than Ebron , etc. in my opinion.

Again, I agree Eli needs that “confidante” check down guy that he had with Steve Smith & Martellus yrs ago….(WR & TE I know….) but if Ebron is not a blocker, thats ok….but IS HE an elite running & catching TE??? I’m just not that convinced. Esp at #12!!! If we were at #20, I say GO FOR IT!

•  BigBlueGiant says:

yes, Ebron will be an Elite catching and running TE in the NFL.

he will be a very nice weapon on offense for any team who drafts him.

•  rlhjr says:

It’s all good Jim. Because on alternating days I find myself thinking exactly as you and others do. But I think all can agree that Reese has done a fabulous job of getting things back on track. And setting himself up for an excellent draft

6.  PittsburghJim says:

Also- with TBay trading Williams today that OPENS the door for Evans possibly. They lost both tackles, but now may need a true wideout threat….thereby allowing an OT to ‘drop’.
    Just wishing…

7.  BigBlueGiant says:

the NYG WR’s taht are currently on the team are:

Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Jerrel Jernigan, Mario Manningham, Trindon Holliday, Kris Adams, Marcus Harris, Preston Parker, and Julian Talley.

Not very confident in this bunch.

8.  rlhjr says:

I think Reese would take Ellington in round three. But he won’t last that long.
    Jim. The reason I want Ebron is I think the kid is special. Perahps I’m wrong.
    But I think he’s worth getting while he’s there. Wont be a lot like him IMHO.

9.  PittsburghJim says:

Well, I will defer to you guys on Ebron.

I will admit that a young, hungry, non-alcoholic JShockey was an f’in BEAST when we first drafted him.

He was better than anticipated. But, he was a major league putz.

If Ebron is 90% JS, and a better guy….then thats good.

•  rlhjr says:

Don’t give up your position PJ. It makes perfect sense.
      And it just might be the way it goes. Since when does Jerry Reese follow my lead. LOL

•  rlhjr says:

The kid (Ebron) is a Giants fan. Of course I am too. Fairly sure i’m not being drafted twelfth. I don’t think Ebron is a lock. I just hope he is.

10.  BBWC says:

Kellen Davis catch and fall down…..lol