Since the onset of free agency, the return of Patterson seemed inevitable for Big Blue. He played well as part of a rotation in 2013, and having lost Linval Joseph to the Minnesota Vikings, bringing back the veteran defensive tackle seemed like the most sensible option for depth. Of course, Patterson legitimately wanted to return, too.
“I waited a long time to get into this locker room," Patterson said in February. “Hopefully I’m back next season.”
Financial details on Patterson's new contract were not immediately made available.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Mike Patterson Remains a Possibility for New York Giants: Report
- Mike Patterson Would Like to Return to New York Giants in 2014
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: John Fox Reminisces, Mike Patterson Wants to Stay
- New York Giants’ Linval Joseph: “I Want to Put on That Blue Every Sunday”
- New York Giants Official on Signing Mark Sanchez: We’ll Sign Joe Namath Before We Sign Him
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/19pw