Jerry was mentioned in the Ted Wells report which discussed what happened in Miami regarding the bullying incidents with Jonathan Martin and Riche Incognito and there was one report out during Jerry's signing that mentioned he could face a suspension from the league if they felt that he violated the Code of Conduct Policy.
However, as Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News reported, while Jerry could face some kind of punishment from the NFL, he will not face a suspension NFL commissioner Roger Gooodell.
"And according to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Jerry will not be suspended for his role in Miami's bullying scandal last season. According to the Ted Wells report, Jerry, who signed with the Giants last week, was one of three offensive linemen who 'engaged in a pattern of harassment' directed towards since-departed lineman Jonathan Martin, who is now with the 49ers."
While that is great news for the Giants and Jerry, he will still need to be medically evaluated sometime before the season starts; as will Martin, Incognito and Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and their ability to play in the 2014 season will be determined by physicians if Jerry will have to miss any time in the season if he has to undergo any required mandated psychological programs from the bullying incidents.
For the time being, Jerry is considered to be a reserve offensive lineman, although given Will Beatty recovering from a broken leg and Chris Snee missing most of the 2013 season due to hip surgery, Jerry could see himself being inserted into a starting role for the Giants if needed, that is if he is deemed that he's medically cleared from the evaluations done.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Jerry Reese: We Did Our Homework on John Jerry Before Signing Him
- New York Giants Sign Former Miami Dolphins OL John Jerry
- New York Giants a Potential Candidate to Face Seattle Seahawks on Opening Night of 2014 Season
- Tom Coughlin Optimistic Chris Snee Will Be Healthy, Ready to Play for New York Giants in 2014
- Jerry Reese: New York Giants “Not Afraid” to Draft Another QB in 2014 NFL Draft — Even at No. 12
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/19j2