Like NFL mock drafts that begin immediately following the conclusion of the Super Bowl, we here at Giants 101 put very little stock into early power rankings. In fact, we put very little stock into power rankings in general. However, not everyone shares that view and, for some, power rankings are like gospel. As such, we felt it only fair to share NFL.com's most recently rankings, which have Big Blue at only No. 19 despite all the work they've done in free agency.
Perhaps it's a product of the win-now salary-cap era, but the Giants won the Super Bowl just 25 months ago, and yet, nobody talks about them as potential contenders. Make no mistake, GM Jerry Reese is thinking about winning, as Big Blue has been busy busy busy in the free-agent marketplace. While adding RB Rashad Jennings was smart, pulling in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Walter Thurmond could allow New York to compete with Philadelphia for the NFC East title. Very curious about how this group will perform come September.
- No. 1 – Seattle Seahawks
- No. 9 – Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 18 – New York Jets
- No. 21 – Dallas Cowboys
- No. 31 – Washington Redskins
We know power rankings are subjective, but the Jets ahead of the Giants? Really?
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Super Bowl XLII Top Ranked Again: Sports Illustrated Lists Giants Upset of Patriots as Best Ever
- 2014 NFL Draft Scouting Reports and Rankings: Defensive Ends
- 2014 NFL Draft Rankings and Scouting Reports: Running Backs
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/19f8