Back in late January, the sports world was rocked by news of an explosive new lawsuit, filed by well-known sports memorabilia collector and distributor Eric Inselberg, which asserted that New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning and other members of the organization knowingly created and distributed fake "game-used" memorabilia. And although not listed as defendant in the lawsuit, Steiner Sports was mentioned throughout and had their practices called into question.
Now a month removed from word of the lawsuit, Steiner Sports CEO Brandon Steiner has released a statement via Instagram on behalf of the company, insuring their customers that the product they have been receiving is 100% genuine.
Although Steiner expresses his support of Manning and the belief that their products are 100% authentic, it's worth noting that the company now plans to implement more strict guidelines to ensure authenticity — something that could lead to questions as to why that choice has been made if they are entirely sure they've never sold anything that wasn't authentic.
However, as of now, no memorabilia sold from Steiner has been proven to be fake or manipulated in any way, shape or form.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Eli Manning, Eric Inselberg, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants’ Eli Manning Releases Statement Regarding Sports Memorabilia Lawsuit
- New York Giants, Eli Manning Created & Distributed Fake Memorabilia: Explosive New Lawsuit
- Lawsuit Filed Against New York Giants Alleges Much More than Just Fake Memorabilia: More Details
- New York Giants’ John Mara on Memorabilia Lawsuit: “We’re Very Confident This Will Be Thrown Out”
- Archie Manning: Lawsuit, Allegations a “Bombshell” to Eli Manning
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18nr