As we await the frenzy that is free agency, a second glance at the New York Giants' 2014 opponents revealed that the Giants may have an easier road to the playoffs in 2014 than in recent seasons.
According to researchers at ESPN, the Giants have the sixth-easiest schedule in 2014. Based on their 2013 records, the Giants’ 2014 opponents had a winning percentage of 0.465. The Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts round out the top five with the Colts having the supposed easiest path back into the playoffs.
Unfortunately for the mathematicians, these numbers will have little to no say as to what transpires in the 2014 season. Teams like the Kansas City Chiefs are a quintessential example of how to disprove this theory. The Chiefs went from 2-14 in 2012 to 11-5 in 2013 thanks to the addition of Andy Reid. The Giants hope the arrival of Ben McAdoo, along with some free agent acquisitions, and a productive draft class, they can have a similar turnaround. Which is possible as the Giants have a strong foundation on defense, similar to what the Chiefs had prior to the arrival of Reid.
It remains to be seen whether the Giants will have the sixth easiest schedule in the NFL or not. The offseason is currently still in its infancy; free agency and the draft could drastically alter how these teams appear on paper in 2014. For now we will list the home and away opponents and let you decide if you think the Giants’ schedule favors Big Blue in 2014.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Football, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City, Kansas City Chiefs, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tennessee, Tennessee Titans
- New York Giants’ 2014 Opponents Now Officially Set
- New York Giants May Be Forced to Appear on HBO’s “Hard Knocks” in 2014
- New York Giants Will Allow Tom Coughlin the Choice to Return for 2014 Season: Report
- New York Giants OC Ben McAdoo Listed as 5th Best Coordinator Hire of 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18fw