Happy hump day, New York Giants fans! We're midway through another week of lull, but new and rumors are slowly beginning to pick up. So sit back, enjoy your coffee and the following stories as you reach the midway point of your week.
7 & 8. Antrel Rolle and Mathias Kiwanuka, New York Giants: Rolle was arguably the Giants' best defensive player last season, but his run in New York has been up and down overall. He's due $9.25 million against the salary cap and might not warm up to taking a pay cut coming off a great year. Kiwanuka is a good player that always seems to leave the Giants wanting a little more.
As the NFL moves closer to free agency, the two-week window for clubs to designate “franchise” or “transition” players is now open.
Under the current collective bargaining agreement, teams can designate one player among its veteran free agents until the 4 p.m. ET deadline on March 3. The salary offer by a player’s club determines whether the franchise player designation is exclusive or non-exclusive (see further explanation below).
Floyd Eddings Jr., a former National Football League wide receiver for the New York Giants, is suspected of having sex with two members of his team, both younger than 16, as well as forcible sexual penetration with foreign objects when he was working for the Rialto district between 2000 and 2004.
He was arrested in March at his home in the 600 block of North Brierwood Avenue as he was leaving for his job as a security officer for the Corona-Norco Unified School District.
[The Giants] appear to be trying to re-sign linebacker Jon Beason before he hits the free-agent market, but (a) they might not be able to do that and (b) it's not as though they couldn't use linebacker help on either side of Beason if they did. The Giants have ignored this position almost aggressively over the past few years and historically don't seem to value it enough to use this high a pick on it. But Mosley is a do-everything linebacker prospect who could anchor the position for them for a long time. It's possible that the way Beason played for them this season opened their eyes to the importance of the position relative to their previous opinion on the matter.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Antrel Rolle, Chris Snee, Football, Mathias Kiwanuka, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Mike Ditka Says NY/NJ Super Bowl is “Stupid”
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Ex-Giant Andrew Shanle Uses Ring as Motivation
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Has Specific Plan for NFL Combine
- New York Giants Tuesday Morning Storylines: John Mara Says No to Green Bay Super Bowl
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Super Bowl XLVIII Almost Flawless for NY/NJ — Almost
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18e5