As NFL free agency rapidly approaches, news and rumors about potential free agent interest spirals into a frenzy. It's the case every offseason and we here at Giants 101 would like to preface with the following reminder: not all rumors turn about to be true. Unless confirmed by multiple and credible sources, all free agent rumbling should be taken with a grain of salt.
Now, with that one and only warning out of the way, we present you the first real bit of unconfirmed rumor regarding the New York Giants and a potential free agent interest: Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno.
"While the Giants will undoubtedly look to re-sign organizational free agents in defensive tackle Linval Joseph, safety Stevie Brown – who missed all of last season with an ACL injury – cornerback Terrell Thomas, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks and running back Andre Brown among others, multiple reports indicate that 1,000-yard rusher Knowshon Moreno is high on New York's radar as well."
However, Mulroy also references "multiple reports" suggesting the same free agent interest, but links only to an article from the International Business Times which states the Giants are among a handful of clubs that "could" sign Moreno if he becomes an unrestricted free agent. It also lists the Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins as other potential suitors.
Ultimately, this is likely to be a common case of "he said may, she said could, they said high on the radar" — in other words, a game of telephone that ended with a misconstrued original message.
That said, the Giants are likely to take a look at a few running backs in free agency, so Knowshon Moreno makes sense to speculate about. Whether or not this comes to fruition remains to be seen.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Andre Brown, Denver, Denver Broncos, Football, Hakeem Nicks, Knowshon Moreno, New Jersey, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants May Have a Giant Need at Running Back: Potential Free Agent Interests
- John David Washington, Son of Denzel Washington, was Once on New York Giants’ Radar
- Re-Examining New York Giants’ Options for a Veteran Running Back Before Week 2
- New York Giants Defense Rebounds in 20-7 Victory Over High-Powered San Diego Chargers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18ds