For former Georgia Southern All-American cornerback Laron Scott, a football career is still far from over. And after spending much of 2013 sitting quietly on the New York Giants' Injured Reserve (IR), Scott will sign with the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL, reports the Savannah Morning News.
"So it's official. Montreal, Canada. CFL meets L. Scott," Scott posted on his Facebook page.
After going undrafted in the 2012 NFL Draft, Scott promptly signed as a rookie free agent with the Giants and would subsequently be added to their practice squad where he'd remain for the duration of his rookie season. Then, in 2013, Scott would compete for a spot on the 53-man roster, but found himself waived/injured in late August as a part of roster trimming. He would later be placed on the Reserve/Injured (aka Injured Reserve) where he'd ride out the remainder of his second season.
The 5'9'', 184 lbs. Scott ended his college career at Georgia Southern with just about every single kickoff return record in his pocket. And given the Giants' need and desire for quality return men, it seems a bit suspect that they'd allow someone with that ability and familiarity with their team/system to simply walk away.
Scott will join former Giants wide receiver Brandon London in Montreal.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Football, Laron Scott, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants Waive Injured RB Da’Rel Scott; Could Head to Season-Ending Injured Reserve
- New York Giants’ Da’Rel Scott Expected to Miss Several Weeks with Hamstring Injury
- New York Giants Re-Sign RB Da’Rel Scott; David Wilson’s Week 6 Status in Doubt
- New York Giants Release DE Justin Trattou; Make RB Da’Rel Scott Signing Official
- New York Giants RB Da’Rel Scott Suffers Knee Injury During Practice
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18dd