As a new week begins — packed full of important NFL dates — we get you started with a few Monday morning storylines, including a look at the career of Ottis Anderson and whether or not he's fit for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and what like would be like for the New York Giants without Eli Manning. Enjoy.
With the 2014 Hall of Fame Induction class already announced, former New York Giants running back OJ Anderson hasn't garnered much recognition for an outstanding NFL career. Find out if No. 24 will ever be enshrined with the Pro Football legends in Canton, O.H.
As we know, the Jets need offensive weapons. The Jets have been associated with several names, including Emmanuel Sanders and Jeremy Maclin. There is a name that has also been associated with the Jets this off-season, partially due to proximity, that we are going to take a look at tonight.
If you dislike hypotheticals, feel free to hit that "Next Article" button in the top right corner of the page, because it's the offseason now and we're about to go back almost a full decade in order to dream up some scenarios that never happened.
This stems from a conversation I had with a New York Giants fan in a Manhattan sports bar earlier this month, so it has literally been reaped from an American sports debate hotbed.
As part of being Super Bowl MVP, Smith won a Chevrolet Silverado. He’s giving it to his mom, which is perhaps his favorite thing to come from the Super Bowl run.
“Giving the car to my mom is pretty cool,” Smith said. “I think it will actually be pretty awesome when it shows up at her house. Having my brother (former New York Giants receiver Steve) on the field with me after we won the Super Bowl, that was cool. Just getting to be able to enjoy the parade with the linebackers, our group. I think that was pretty cool.”
I believe the offensive line will be a primary focus in both free agency and the draft. But several other position groups will also be addressed, including the secondary. It’s too early to say if such an emphasis means the Giants will use their first round draft choice on, say, an interior lineman. The combine has yet to begin. But after absorbing 37 sacks, it‘s clear the protection in front of Manning must improve.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Just because the Super Bowl left NY/NJ it doesn't mean the NFL action is over. Come see the Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Liberty Science Center see jerseys worn by legends, make the tough call under the hood, try on equipment and get immersed into football like never before.Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Football, Hakeem Nicks, Kurt Warner, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Ottis Anderson, Philip Rivers
- Michael Strahan Voted into Pro Football Hall of Fame; Giants Likely to Play in Hall of Fame Game
- Former New York Giants RB Ottis Anderson on Richie Incognito: “His Actions are Inexcusable”
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Super Bowl XLVIII Almost Flawless for NY/NJ — Almost
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: John Fox Reminisces, Mike Patterson Wants to Stay
- George Young, Michael Strahan Among 25 Modern-Era Pro Football Hall of Fame Semifinalists
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18c0