A year after being snubbed in favor of the vastly inferior Warren Sapp, retired New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan has officially been voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and will be among the 2014 inductees, reports
The Enshrinement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, August 2nd in Canton, Ohio. During the ceremony, the busts of each player will be revealed, they will be presented their golden jackets and each will have the opportunity to give a speech after being introduced by a individually chosen presenter.
In addition to Strahan, other 2014 inductees include Derrick Brooks, Walter Jones, Aeneas Williams, Andre Reed, Ray Guy and Claude Humphrey.
In his 15-year NFL career, Strahan played in 216 regular season games, recording 851 tackles, 141.5 sacks, four interceptions and also forced 22 fumbles. He was a 7x Pro Bowler, a 4x First-Team All Pro, a 2x Second-Team All Pro, a 2x NFC Defensive Player of the Year, the 2001 AP Defensive Player of the Year and the 2003 NFL Alumni Pass Rusher of the Year.
In addition to all of those accolades, Strahan also set the NFL single-season sack record in 2001 with 22.5 and ended his career fifth all-time in career sacks. He was named to the 2000's All-Decade Team, inducted into the New York Giants Ring of Honor and ranked 99th on the NFL's Top 100 Greatest Players list.
As a result of Strahan being voted into the Hall of Fame, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that the New York Giants will likely play in the NFL's Annual Hall of Fame Game, which takes place on Friday, August 1st — the night before the Enshrinement Ceremony.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Retired Giants DE, Michael Strahan, Inducted into Black College Football Hall of Fame
- George Young, Michael Strahan Among 25 Modern-Era Pro Football Hall of Fame Semifinalists
- Former New York Giants DE Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for NFL Hall of Fame
- Retired Giants DE Michael Strahan not Stressing Over Hall of Fame; “Hopes” to Get in This Year
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17me