New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck recently called Warren Sapp's verbal assault of Michael Strahan "childish." And, perhaps in fitting fashion, the childish nature of this war of words escalated to new heights on Wednesday, as Sapp, while appearing on the Jim Rome Show, challenged Strahan to a knock down, drag-out fight.
“Pick the spot and I’ll come see you and you can have a dose of it," Sapp said.
What "it" is Sapp did not clarify, but given the current nature of his savings account and recent bankruptcy auction, it's safe to assume it's not a check owed to Strahan for royalties due to on-air mentions of the gap-toothed wonder. Rather, it would appear as if Sapp thinks he'd give Strahan a "dose" of some sort of butt-whooping.
Sheldon Cooper would say "bazinga" because that line of thinking is even more humorous than the oldest trick in the book (lookest over there!).
Sapp's latest snap-back comes in reference to Strahan calling him a "coward" — which he apparently took as an insult after years of slamming Strahan in the press … while always hundreds or thousands of miles away from ole No. 92.
“I don’t understand what the problem is, to be honest with you,” Strahan said on Tuesday. “If you have a problem with me, I’m the type of guy you come and talk to me. I’m not a coward to talk to somebody else when I have somebody’s number. I’m going to come to you and tell you if I have a problem. So I don’t understand what this whole thing is about.”
It remains unclear why Sapp is beyond infatuated by Strahan.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Michael Strahan on Warren Sapp: “A Tiger Does not Pay Attention to the Opinion of a Sheep”
- Warren Sapp Doesn’t Think Michael Strahan is a Hall of Famer: All He Has is a ‘Mythical Sack Record’
- Retired Giants DE Michael Strahan not Stressing Over Hall of Fame; “Hopes” to Get in This Year
- Former New York Giants DE Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for NFL Hall of Fame
- Retired New York Giants DE Michael Strahan to Receive the 2014 Pat Summerall Award
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17hs