Warren Sapp Challenges Michael Strahan: “Pick the Spot and I’ll Come See You”

January 29th, 2014 at 5:15 PM

New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck recently called Warren Sapp's verbal assault of Michael Strahan "childish." And, perhaps in fitting fashion, the childish nature of this war of words escalated to new heights on Wednesday, as Sapp, while appearing on the Jim Rome Show, challenged Strahan to a knock down, drag-out fight.

“Pick the spot and I’ll come see you and you can have a dose of it," Sapp said.

What "it" is Sapp did not clarify, but given the current nature of his savings account and recent bankruptcy auction, it's safe to assume it's not a check owed to Strahan for royalties due to on-air mentions of the gap-toothed wonder. Rather, it would appear as if Sapp thinks he'd give Strahan a "dose" of some sort of butt-whooping.

Sheldon Cooper would say "bazinga" because that line of thinking is even more humorous than the oldest trick in the book (lookest over there!).

Sapp's latest snap-back comes in reference to Strahan calling him a "coward" — which he apparently took as an insult after years of slamming Strahan in the press … while always hundreds or thousands of miles away from ole No. 92.

“I don’t understand what the problem is, to be honest with you,” Strahan said on Tuesday. “If you have a problem with me, I’m the type of guy you come and talk to me. I’m not a coward to talk to somebody else when I have somebody’s number. I’m going to come to you and tell you if I have a problem. So I don’t understand what this whole thing is about.”

It remains unclear why Sapp is beyond infatuated by Strahan.

Photo credit: Anthony Quintano / Foter / CC BY

Tags: Football, Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Warren Sapp

9 Responses to “Warren Sapp Challenges Michael Strahan: “Pick the Spot and I’ll Come See You””

1.  WellingtonsGhost says:

I would bet everything I own plus indentured servitude on Strahan. Someone needs to give Sapp the dirt nap, any mafioso listening get on it.

2.  BillyS says:

Sapp looks insanely immature right now. Plus he’s threatening violence which makes him look even more dumb. He gives no real motive of why he hates Strahan. Hell, Sapp started this by talking smack about Strahan. Strahan responded in an intelligent enough way, so then Sapp somehow gets mad at that and wants to fight him? Oh yeah…that makes so much sense. Strahan could run circles around Sapp (literally) and just beat him with stamina alone. Although Strahan wouldn’t fight him because he wouldn’t want to throw away his post-football career over something so…well…CHILDISH.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

That’s the thing that gets me. Sapp has no legitimate reason for hating on Strahan so much. It’s like he just picked a target at random and ran with it.

Sapp has a crush on him. Strahan probably rejected him. It’s like a Taylor Swift song gone horribly wrong.

4.  Kettles78 says:

NFL network needs to get rid of this clown. Strahan has defended himself from Sapps stupid comments for a few years and now Sapp is challenging him to a fight? This dude needs to lose his job and stop having such a podium to spew this kind of crap. People were offended by Richard Sherman, they should be disgusted wih Sapp and his antics

5.  William says:

I once took a psychology course in college so let me throw this out there on motive.
    Mr. Sapp can’t figure out why the gap tooth guy is doing the show with Kelly for seven figures while he’s toiling on NFL Network for under 400m a year if he’s lucky. That empty bank account cuts back on the high living he got used too all those NFL years. He can’t believe they find Michael more entertaining then his smug fake persona.

6.  kujo says:

LOL did the Dougtard actually write an article, pondering whether the Giants should try and trade for Larry Fitzgerald? While we’re at it, why don’t we inquire about Andre Johnson, or AJ Green, or Calvin Johnson?

Dan my point about Brown was what BBG brought up in the carolina game and in the KC game I believe Brown missed a FG down 17-7 that would have made it a one score game. I’m not saying that he cost us wins but we had chances in those games with different momentum. That carolina one was huge because that was after wilson’s TD got called back so to come away with nothing on that possession was extremely deflating. In the KC our defense had done a great job keeping us in the game despite a poor effort from the offense a special teams but we were still hanging in the game. Those were big misses to me of FGs he’s suppose to hit.

Unlike most I like Sapp for the most part but he’s dead wrong here. While I think he makes some fair critiques of Strahan it gets lost it all this other mess. He’s acting immature right now and he just needs to let it go. Strahan will be in the HOF.

Glad I’ve missed all of this garbage. Escaped to the Caribbean and now back in the US but only as far north as Florida, and have seen not a single second of Super Bowl coverage. Highly recommended for those of you who cannot stand listening to the typical drivel that people come up with when there’s really nothing to say except “Let’s play the game and see what happens”.

When does free agency officially start and does anyone have any scoop on who the Giants are targeting? I think their top priority HAS to be resigning Beason, but close behind should be acquiring a strong starting offensive lineman and a running back who is capable of catching passes out of the backfield but can also handle 15-20 carries a game and get you 70-100 yards with those carries. That last needn’t be a “headline” player, just a competent one.