Josh Brown faced tall odds in 2013 when he signed a one-year deal with the New York Giants, replacing fellow kicker Lawrence Tynes, who was known for his clutch game-winning field goals in two NFC Championship Games. In fact, Brown's job wasn't even guaranteed going into training camp, but after walking away with it following preseason and connecting on 23 of his 26 field goal attempts during the regular season, many feel that he's earned himself a more stable contract.
Whether or not that ultimately comes to fruition remains to be seen, but if Brown has any say in the matter, he'll not only re-sign with Big Blue, but he'd ideally stay in New York for the remainder of his NFL career.
"We left with a great exit meeting and we're allowing them to get done with their evaluations," Brown told Giants 101. "We're hopeful. We're looking forward to being back here next year. That's our plan. We would like to get in with a team — this team — and stay put."
And what is it about the Giants that Brown loves? The fans, of course. The city, of course. And that gorgeous stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
"New York City, the fans. I love the venue. I love playing in MetLife Stadium all year around," Brown said. "I think MetLife has done a great job of putting their name and branding on a phenomenal, phenomenal stadium in the greatest city in the world. Any opportunity to play out here is a great day."
Brown also offered up incredible praise for teammate Steve Weatherford, whom he said greatly impacted his life and lifestyle, but that's a story worthy of it's own spot. We'll have more on that tomorrow, along with a full transcript of the interview.
Mario Scipioni of Jets 101 contributes to this article.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Josh Brown Has Earned the Right to Return as New York Giants Kicker in 2014
- New York Giants’ Josh Brown Named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week
- New York Giants Sign Kicker Brandon McManus to Reserve/Futures Contract
- Giants’ Justin Tuck, Josh Brown Sing the National Anthem in Advance of Super Bowl XLVIII: Video
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17hg