January 26th, 2014 at 7:00 AM

'Super Bowl-2-2' photo (c) 2012, Stephen Luke - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/ Michael Strahan may have been a snub for the Pro Football Hall of Fame a year ago, but it hasn't changed his outlook on things. During what should otherwise be a tense time as he awaits his historical fate, the retired New York Giants defensive end says it's not something he gives too much thought to because, ultimately, it's not something he can control.

“To be honest with you, I haven’t really thought about it. Only time I ever really think about it is when somebody brings it up. I have so much on my plate I don’t really wake up and go, ‘Hall of Fame voting is getting closer and closer,’” Strahan said during a Super Bowl conference call.

“I’m sure that will be a lot [of talk] next week. It’s one of those things you have no control over. So you just sit back and hope it happens because it’s an incredible honor to be recognized as one of the best players to ever play the game."

Strahan's even-keeled stance on the Hall of Fame is nothing new. Even after being snubbed a year ago, Strahan took it in stride, calling it a "delayed blessing." Even amidst an unprovoked onslaught courtesy of the much less deserving Warren Sapp, Strahan didn't bat an eye, knowing his years of dominance would eventually pay off with eternal enshrinement.

“I love you all and I hope I eventually make it in. I look at it as a delayed blessing and I have many now," Strahan tweeted at the time.

The 2014 Pro Football Fall of Fame class will be unveiled on Saturday, February 1st as part of a ceremony held at Radio City Music Hall in New York City, the night before Super Bowl XLVIII.

Tags: Football, Michael Strahan, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Warren Sapp

9 Responses to “Retired Giants DE Michael Strahan not Stressing Over Hall of Fame; “Hopes” to Get in This Year”

1.  kujo says:

Gee, I’m sure glad I missed out on participating in that riveting tet-a-tet on the source and summit of power relationships within the Giants franchise. O, to have let such wildly speculative and unfounded statements such as the following go unchallenged:

“There’s no way that TC picks McAdoo over Sullivan!”

“McAdoo is making the hirings.”

“TC has no idea what’s going on in the colleges.”

“Are they quietly putting together the next coaching staff?”

“Langsdorf is the Giants’ answer to Chip Kelly?”

I mean, wow. That’s some Grade A divination right there. We hire a first time offensive coordinator, and some of you are putting him up for HC before he’s called a single play! We hire some guy out of Oregon State, and all of G101′s Benny Beaver fans declare him to be on par with Chip Kelly!

Oh, and TC doesn’t know anything about college football anymore.

Bang up job here, fellas. Real right-brained solutioneering!

•  James Stoll says:

Got your dawg on this morning, eh?

•  kujo says:

Not at all. Just dismayed that such tomfoolery was suggested, let alone debated en masse, on here this week.

Let’s not get our fanboy hard-ons just yet. We hear this McAdoo worked with the Packers, and immediately everyone’s hope is raised to the level of THAT offense; we see this Langford character called the offensive for the Oregon State Benny Beavers–read: NOT THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON DUCKS– and someone (was it you, Stoll) hypothesizes that he’s somehow related to Chip Kelly’s offense, so now THAT meme is out there as well.

How about we just let these guys call, like, 5 offensive plays before we decide their longterm prospects, huh? I mean, don’t set yourselves up for the inevitable disappointment when they still manufacture 3-5 shotgun draws on 3rd down each game.

•  rlhjr says:

Sorry Kujo, but despite your findings, I am 100 percent sure my brain is ambidextrous:

REPOST

rlhjr says:
      January 9, 2014 at 10:20 AM
      I agree with one central theme. Both the Giants offensive and defensive players need to be excited by the prospect of making plays.
      They need to be excited by the opportunity of winning football games and having a good time doing it. That’s when you enjoy putting in the work required to execute properly and that leads to winning.

As much as we agonize about shotgun draws and bend and then break defense you must know that the players see the same $h!+. Taking the “company” line is expected. But football players on the whole are aggressive creatures. They like to deal out punishment, not absorbing it.

Our offensive (not physical in the run game) and defensive (yield rather than attack) philosophies are non-descript. Bored players lead to mediocre seasons. Bored disinterested player are the result of having those traits imbedded in the schemes they are paid to execute.

I am just cautioning that falling head over heels for a coach who coaches a superstar is like wanting to paint your car red so it can be like a Ferrari.
      You better start with the engine and suspension, not the paint.

What makes Rodgers good is that he’s never gotten over sitting in the draft waiting room all those hours. The guy is driven and talented. That is not coachable.

SO THERE….LOL

Jen’s cap article was the best in a while … and it got one lousy comment. Probably because there was too much math in it. That also points out that G101 has very few Asian posters.

3.  Hanshi says:

Funny stuff there

4.  JIMMIE D says:

It would be nice if #92 gets in the HOF, after last years Sapp-Crap!
    He will be at the SB, and imagine the crowd at his name is announced!
    He is one class act and I really hope he gets in this year.

CT GIANT