We are now exactly one week away from Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey and, as expected, the talk of the town is weather, weather and more weather. And with a potential ice storm in the forecast, the NFL's greatest fears may soon be realized. So let's take a look at that and other Super Bowl XLVIII/New York Giants headlines on this offseason Sunday.
Here's the thing about weather forecasts: They like to change. And, believe it or not, weather is never the same. So while we have a recent forecast calling for fairly mild weather, as of Saturday we're now staring at ICE PELLETS and 70 percent chance of precipitation for Super Bowl XLVIII.
The game is being played in New Jersey.
Taylor Turf Installation is suing the MetLife Stadium's operators and the company that hired the suburban St. Louis company, seeking more than $292,000 that Taylor Turf claims it still is owed for hustling to install the New Jersey stadium's playing surface last summer.
Taylor Turf's lawsuit in New Jersey's Bergen County Superior Court names New Meadowlands Stadium and Dalton, Ga.-based Turf Industry, doing business as UBU Sports.
Eli Manning probably isn't going to have as much free time this week as he thought he was going to have. The younger brother of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has been given a very important job for Peyton's big game: He's in charge of Super Bowl ticket requests.
"He's asked for a number for me to try to get and I hit that number," Eli said during a conference call on Thursday. "Unless he has a few surprises, I'm in good shape right now."
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Weather Will Play Major Role in “Super Bowl” Between New York Giants, Dallas Cowboys
- Polar Vortex Expected to Return for Super Bowl XLVIII?
- Experience Super Bowl XLVIII Like a VIP with PrimeSport #SuperBowlVIP
- NFL Will Allow Limited, Watered-Down “Tailgating” at MetLife Stadium Prior to Super Bowl
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/174n