It's been a little more than four weeks since Victor Cruz underwent a successful arthroscopic debridement of his knee — a procedure done by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews — and the New York Giants wide receiver says rehab is going "extremely well."
“I feel great,” Cruz told FOX Sports on Friday. “Rehab is going extremely well. The knee is responding beautifully. Now it’s just strengthening the knee and getting it back to form 100 percent and getting back to the Victor Cruz that everybody is familiar with.”
Cruz originally suffered the injury in a Week 14 loss to the Seattle Seahawks and subsequently missed the remainder of the season. Adding insult to injury, the play on which he suffered the injury was overturned, taking away a catch that would have put him over 1,000 yards on the year and for the third consecutive season. Instead, Cruz finished 2013 with 998 yards receiving and four touchdowns.
Despite the Giants missing the playoffs, Cruz has managed to keep busy this offseason. In addition to rehabbing his knee, Cruz has continued to make a big splash in the fashion world, traveling to Milan for Men's Fashion Week and sitting down with GQ, where he marveled at Tom Brady's style. He's also continued with his community outreach, sitting down with a once bullied gay teen in an attempt to ease the young man's fear of sports locker-rooms.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Undergoes Knee Surgery; Ruled Out Vs. Detroit Lions
- New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Out for Remainder of Season Following Knee Surgery
- New York Giants Victor Cruz Misses Wednesday Practice as a Precaution; Expects to Play Sunday
- New York Giants WR Victor Cruz is a Big Fan of Tom Brady’s Style
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1732