January 25th, 2014 at 2:00 PM

It's been a little more than four weeks since Victor Cruz underwent a successful arthroscopic debridement of his knee — a procedure done by noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews — and the New York Giants wide receiver says rehab is going "extremely well."

'Victor Cruz makes the catch' photo (c) 2011, Kathy Vitulano - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

“I feel great,” Cruz told FOX Sports on Friday. “Rehab is going extremely well. The knee is responding beautifully. Now it’s just strengthening the knee and getting it back to form 100 percent and getting back to the Victor Cruz that everybody is familiar with.”

Cruz originally suffered the injury in a Week 14 loss to the Seattle Seahawks and subsequently missed the remainder of the season. Adding insult to injury, the play on which he suffered the injury was overturned, taking away a catch that would have put him over 1,000 yards on the year and for the third consecutive season. Instead, Cruz finished 2013 with 998 yards receiving and four touchdowns.

Despite the Giants missing the playoffs, Cruz has managed to keep busy this offseason. In addition to rehabbing his knee, Cruz has continued to make a big splash in the fashion world, traveling to Milan for Men's Fashion Week and sitting down with GQ, where he marveled at Tom Brady's style. He's also continued with his community outreach, sitting down with a once bullied gay teen in an attempt to ease the young man's fear of sports locker-rooms.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Victor Cruz

5 Responses to “New York Giants’ Victor Cruz: Rehab on Surgically Repaired Knee is Going “Extremely Well””

1.  rlhjr says:

I think Cruz, Jernigan and Randle with thrive in this new offensive environment.
    These three can generate YAC. I feel that’s especially true of………wait for it…..
    JERNIGAN. It’s the way he played in collage. This offense may fit him to a tee.

REPOST:

rlhjr says:
    January 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    Tom Coughlin obviously did not come up with the idea of bringing this guy in.

This signifies the fact that Coughlin is following Mara’s lead. He is giving McAdoo plenty of leeway in rebuild the teams offense. TC has not really a clue of all that going on in the collage game. These new hires do, and it will be reflected in the players that the Giants draft or otherwise acquire in the years to come.

Coughlin will benefit from this. And so will Jerry Reese. New life/blood is being fused into this franchise. I just hope Coughlin stands up for the physical side of the offense. And makes sure this team regains the ability to run the football especially inside the 20 yard line. Change is not longer coming, IT’S HERE.

I pray that similar transition takes place on the defensive side of the ball.
    I mean how would the rest of you like to have defensive capability of the Sea Hawks or the 49?ers combined with an offense that can run and, throw long and utilize playmakers on short screen or slant routes for YAC?

So lets not get our undies in a bunch over weather or no this is usurping Coughlin.
    What is going on is an old dog is being taught new tricks. It’s about time.

2.  rlhjr says:

Does James Andrews handle every surgery for every NFL player?

I remember his working on Joe Namath, he’s got to be 175 years old…..LOL

But I guess he is the poster boy against age discrimination. The man just keeps going and going…………………

3.  rlhjr says:

REPOST:

rlhjr says:
    January 25, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    Wow. PHD required for the details, and a good calculator to boot.

If I were Reese/Mara my main question would be how would losing the salaries of Tuck, $nee, Webster and Diehl affect the cap. Good or bad?

The same question with Baas and Kiwi. Things to ponder are keeping Landfill, or Nicks I can’t see them having both. Right now it looks like Nicks is leaving.

Who of those players named would have the most negative effect on what the Giants can afford in the free market?

Pretty sure the other “no loads” can be terminated without issue.
    I wont call Kiwi a no-load, however I would only keep him at the right price and not a dime more. They should ante up (within reason) to keep Beason in the fold. He’s going to run the defense.

Thank you Jen, I least I understand more than I did sans you article.
    Rest assured, no one should ever trust me in pro football money matters.
    Nor should they………LOL.

I think we have to respect the knowledge that Dan comes with from the inside. So why I agree these hires are guys McAdoo wanted I do think TC signed off as well. It’s like when you’re a manager and you boss allows you to make your hire, they still meet with your hire as well.

I really like the hire of Danny Langsdorf. Looking at Oregon St from afar they did an outstanding job producing pro level talents at QB without getting big time recruits. Also they run a pro style offense so the transition should be an easy one. This guy has gotten production from far less talented QBs than Eli. I think between him and McAdoo they will really reinforce the mechanics and pocket presence that have regressed the past year and a half from Eli.

In addition, when you hire a guy as hot as McAdoo you have to realize it could be only for one year. Langsdorf is a guy that given a year to readjust to the NFL should be more than ready if needed to be OC. Now we have protected ourselves so that Eli doesn’t have to change systems again in 2015.

It seems that besides Flahery we have repositioned our offensive coaching staff it a very young one. I like that we kept some coaches because not everything we did was broken. But I do feel that recently we feel too much into the idea of doing things because they have worked in the past.

•  rlhjr says:

Just to be clear, I do respect Dan’s and his connections. He knows a lot more than the average fan and hearing his prospective is very helpful.

That said, Tom Coughlin is no fool. He is listing to the boss. Just as Reese did last year with Pugh. Just as more offensive linemen a tight end help will come this year.

But the bottom line is business will be handled differently on offense this time around.
      And this defense is now in the cross hairs. If Fewell knows anything about attacking he better lay it out there this campaign. Of all the coaches, Coughlin is safe from the axe of Mara. But the rest of them are fair game if they don’t produce results.

The (NOT SO) Special Teams coach should have been gone long ago. And it is Coughlin’s influence that is keeping him around (IMO) it sure as hell aint the performance of the special teams. Everybody knows Izzo should be the man.

So yes all the dysfunction and BS I’ve alluded to over the last few weeks (indeed years) is about to get fixed. Because there is a plan and structure being established.
      And players required to execute the plan will be selected/acquired.
      Everybody here who’s really a Giants fan should feel pretty damn good about it.