New York Giants WR Victor Cruz is a Big Fan of Tom Brady’s Style

January 13th, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Just because the 2013 NFL season is over for the New York Giants does not mean wide receiver Victor Cruz has stopped working. And although he's not watching tape, preparing for the NFC Championship or making hundreds of prop bets for Super Bowl, he is currently in Milan, Italy for Men's Fashion Week and took a moment to sit down with GQ Magazine.

Called the "most stylish man in American Football" by GQ, Cruz was asked which of his opponents he admires for their style. His answer may or may not surprise you. We have no fashion sense to speak of, so it's all a foreign conversation to us.

"My good friend [New England Patriots quarterback] Tom Brady. He does a good job of mixing up brands and looking right when he's supposed to: on the podium, in interviews, wherever," Cruz said.

Brady, of course, is well known for his attire and style. And he does date world famous super model Gisele Bundchen, so he should be up on the latest lines and what have you. Although, as recently as 2012, he came under heavy fire for what was determined to be a very poor look at the Kentucky Derby.

As far as football and the 2014 season goes, Cruz had the following message for the fans:

"I would watch out for one of my personal friends Andre Johnson. He's an excellent player," Cruz said.

All righty then. Gotta love the offseason.

Photo credit: zennie62 / Foter.com / CC BY-ND

Tags: Andre Johnson, Football, Gisele Bundchen, New England, New England Patriots, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Brady, Victor Cruz

7 Responses to “New York Giants WR Victor Cruz is a Big Fan of Tom Brady’s Style”

1.  BigBlueGiant says:

Well, when you make 100′s of millions of dollars, and your wife is the most famous supermodel in the world, you almost have to be stylish.

2.  rlhjr says:

What’s missing here is a “Young Whales” related post from Norm.

Man do I miss that guy……………….

Psssssttt … Victor. Don’t pull out one of those Young Whales t-shirts while you’re in Milan.

4.  Steven Cotten says:

Must be a slow news day.

When I knew Brady he was a jeans-and-tee guy who “dressed up” in a sports shirt and Dockers. He was doing an appearance for me (at a real estate project I did in Boston) and I had to make sure he wore a blazer and tie. He was a wonderful young man, but he wasn’t by any means “stylish”. It’s all keeping up with Giselle’s wishes and entering her world.

Friends in Brazil, btw, tell me that she is rapidly approaching billionaire status. I hope Tom didn’t sign a prenup. LOL.

So I think the decisions about Joseph and Beason are inextricably linked. They are both critical pieces of the up-the-middle defense that was so awful in 2012 and so good in 2013, and is critical to any NFL team’s success.

We have very little behind Beason. Basically, Mark Herzlich, who isn’t a bad player but isn’t in Beason’s class.

We have some alternatives to Joseph, especially if they like what they’ve seen from Hankins.

If they sign Beason (please God) then they might be able to get away with Hankins, Jenkins, Patterson, Kuhn, a rookie and some play by Tuck at DT if he’s still under contract with the Giants.

If they cannot sign Beason then they’d better retain Joseph, no questions asked except “How much will it take to keep you?”. They cannot risk taking BOTH of those pieces out of the puzzle. They may HAVE to drop one of them, but I sure hope not.